Embed Comment Form below post in Blogger

One of the problem blogger have is that Blogger don't have a embedded comment form like wordpress. After a longtime , now blogger draft has found a trick to include comment form. It's really an easy hack for those who use templates provided by blogger. For those who use customized template need to include a HTML code to make the comment form appear below each post.

Let see how to do this :

Step 1 : First login to draft.blogger.com with your google account . Then in blogger dashboard click settings then comments. There you will find three options like this

As shown above check comment form placement : Embedded below post.

Step 1 is enough for users who use uncustomized blogger template. For them after doing this the comment form will be included below the post. Other users need to do the second step to make the comment form appear below post.

Step 2 :

Now go to Edit HTML section and first take a backup copy of your template. Then check expand widgets and search the folowing code



<p class='comment-footer'> <b:if cond='data:post.allowComments'> <a expr:href='data:post.addCommentUrl' expr:onclick='data:post.addCommentOnclick'><data:postCommentMsg/></a> </b:if> </p>



Now replace the above code with this following code




<p class='comment-footer'> <b:if cond='data:post.embedCommentForm'> <b:include data='post' name='comment-form'/> <b:else/> <b:if cond='data:post.allowComments'> <a expr:href='data:post.addCommentUrl' expr:onclick='data:post.addCommentOnclick'><data:postCommentMsg/></a> </b:if> </b:if> </p>



that's it save your template. Now you can see a beautiful comment form embedded below each post.

Screenshot :



Troubleshooting :

Do this step only if the comment form don't appear after step 2. In some templates even after adding this code the comment form will not appear. Thanks to Blogger Buster for this hack . Now search for <b:include data='post' name='comments' /> and add the following code immediately below it <b:include data='post' name='comment-form'/> .

After adding this code all templates will have comment form embedded below post . It's really one of the best hack which draft blogger has now made it available for all blogger users. Before this most visitors might have felt uneasy to comment , because to write comments we need to navigate from the page or a pop-up window will open . But now writing comments is made very easy.

Anything else we can do with the comment form ?

Yes , we can change the width and height of comment form .

to change the width and height of comment form just change the following code in green .



<b:includable id='comment-form' var='post'>
<div class='comment-form'>
<a name='comment-form'/>
<h3><data:postCommentMsg/></h3>
<p><data:blogCommentMessage/></p>
<iframe allowtransparency='true' expr:src='data:post.commentFormIframeSrc' frameborder='0' height='275' id='comment-editor' scrolling='auto' width='100%'/>
</div>
</b:includable>



Why are you waiting for , write a comment on this post and let me know how much you liked this post .

Check Out This Popular Posts

59 Responses So far
gravatar
Gogu
on August 14, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Pretty cool tut m8, thanks. Do u know how to remove the image verification thingy?

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on August 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Hi Gogu ,

Thanks for your comments. Its very simple to remove word / image verification in blogger. Just go to settings page then navigate to comments sub tab. There you can see this line

"Show word verification for comments?
Yes No
"

put a check on 'no'. That's it.

If you have any doubts ask here .

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Anonymous
on August 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Is this an April Fools trick? There is no third option for 'Embedded below post' in the comment form placement settings???

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on August 27, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

Hi Billy ,

Please login to draft.blogger.com with your blogger account. Only there you will find embed comment form below post option. i mentioned it in the post itself. If you still have problem let me know.

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Anonymous
on September 12, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

hello i have Just install Embed Comment not showing the Comment ????? Reply Me Soon

on this Blog
http://allcelebz.blogspot.com

gravatar
Unknown
on September 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

I see some blogs when the readers comment it will display their avatars, like yours. But I don't know how to do this, can you show me please? I will really appreciate this, big thank to you.

gravatar
Umi Farida
on September 14, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

hello Mr Mohamed Rias,
How to change box post comment color? and how to modify the post comment box like color, fontz size? Thanks

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Salam Alaikum Farida ,

Its really very easy . If you wish send me your template to my email id (mohamedrias1103@gmail.com ) , I will make the necessary changes and send you back. Please tell me what type of css you need and other details.

regards,
Blogger accessories

gravatar
Inasu123(1999-2003)
on September 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

thank you riaz

gravatar
X-Fire
on September 19, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Hello,
Is there a way to disable Anonymous comments and to leave just Name/URL ? Like in Wordpress or other blogs..
example:

Name: ...
Website(optional): ...
Comment:
-comment form-

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Hi X-Fire ,

Yes we can disable Anonymous Comments by changing the settings.

Go to settings of your Blog , then navigate to comments sub tab. There you will find this line

Who can Comment ?

in that select " registered users - includes open ID"

and click save.

if you want to show comments on this


Name: ...
Website(optional): ...
Comment:
-comment form-

then we need to install intensedebate or haloscan , since Blogger don't have this feature.

regards ,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Simran
on September 27, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

i am not able to find the code to be replaced in my blogger template.

Please help

My blog is - http://technolizard.blogspot.com

gravatar
Unknown
on October 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Gagal manink son

gravatar
Borre
on October 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Thanks!

I am having 2 issues though...

How can I change the colour of the "Comment as" text? My background is black, so black font doesnt really work well...

Also, I am getting an error every time and have to click the button twice for the comment to appear. Is there a fix for that?

This is really a great though! I am gettting a lot more comments now, even with the small problems I am having.

gravatar
Anonymous
on October 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

Thanks Rias, this hack worked for me, thanks a lot

gravatar
Praveen
on October 23, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Ur site is cool.For my Wp premium blog Template Some hacks are only working..

I have tried this Comment box many times... nope its not working for tht Template.It will be very helpful for me if u give some Solution for this..

The Error it Shows is "More than one widget was found with id: LinkList1. Widget IDs should be unique"

praveenkumarg.blogspot.com

gravatar
Anonymous
on October 24, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

just change the Linklist1 id to different number(you can type any unique number say 123) and save your template, if you get another id error then change that one also. Your template will be saved.

gravatar
Anonymous
on October 27, 2008 at 1:51 AM  

hi riyaz i am ismail

how to change comment background color like your blog and put number on the side.

gravatar
Unknown
on October 27, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

how to write from right to left.

gravatar
Praveen
on October 27, 2008 at 2:38 AM  

Thx Buddy...My problems are fixed now. I was searching over net for for past 1 month to include comment box for Wp Template...

Thx a lot.

http://praveenkumarg.blogspot.com

gravatar
NetXposed
on November 3, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

Awesome tip. thanks for the share

gravatar
Явор Иванов
on November 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

hi! Any idea why suddenly on some blogs this trick failed.

I mean it worked pretty well till today... and today it just doesn't show the combobox options. So you can't post comments.

Someone has a resolution for this ?
My blog is blog.svejo.net

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on the problem.

gravatar
ArdianZzZ
on November 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

#Явор Иванов
i hav the same problem too...

gravatar
Anonymous
on November 5, 2008 at 4:10 AM  

I am not able to see 'Comment as' options on my blog. please help me

gravatar
Anonymous
on November 5, 2008 at 4:29 AM  

please help me i am not able to comment on my blog, i dont see any options in 'Comment as' section. my blog URL is
http://awesome-tech.blogspot.com/

gravatar
Blogosys
on November 11, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

very nice

blogger-godown.blogspot.com

gravatar
querida
on November 20, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

Hi i can't seems to see anything? I really don't know how to even start. PLS HELP!

gravatar
MT Virdi
on November 28, 2008 at 5:09 AM  

hi

Can you help in redesiging (CSS) for the Comment Area.. Please......

gravatar
Tessa
on December 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

Hello,

I would like to change the color of my comment box as well, could you tell me the code to look for so I can do this (as you were talking about in comment #8). I'm working in a private test blog so you can't view it unless i invite you. Thanks,

Tessa

gravatar
Anonymous
on January 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

I'm realy interessted in any advice from you to get those freaky gravatar comments working into a Blogger blog. Can you help me out?

gravatar
Pankaj Singla
on January 5, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

here is problem replacing this code, message is b:if tag is not properly closed.plz solve it

gravatar
Prashant
on January 5, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Plz embed comment form in my template.
I've sent you my template via email.

http://crazy4warez.blogspot.com

gravatar
Unknown
on January 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Oi, gostaria de te perguntar, como fex para aparecer o gravatar e configurar a area de comentarios numerados desse jeito?

gravatar
Shafar
on January 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Very useful tip for the beginners like me.. Thanks..

Tips Blogger dot Com

gravatar
Sara R.
on January 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

how can i enable comment on my blog?
im not using the blogspot layout,im using others.
but the designer make it disable. how?help me

http://theillusionsmind.blogspot.com

gravatar
Awdrey
on January 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

I still have to click on comments for them to show up, AND the comment box only stays up for aobut 1 sec and then disappears??

gravatar
Pankaj Singla
on January 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

still have problem only show heading and space "Post a comment" but not show box. i have tried both. plz help.

gravatar
M. Amin
on February 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

man.. you are great!

gravatar
Subodh Raghav
on February 12, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

I HAVE CHANGED AS SUGGESTED BY U AND I DO NOT FIND A COMMENT FORM ON MY BLOG

gravatar
Unknown
on February 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Thanks a ton, this tip will help me tons formy blog.

gravatar
Subodh Raghav
on February 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

I have modified code as suggested by u.But Still its not working.Please help me out.
Thanks
My Blog Url is
www.thedigitalpost.blogspot.com

gravatar
IP Studios
on February 20, 2009 at 5:05 AM  

Hi thank you for the post, but I can't seem to get the comment form after every page, only when I view a post individually the comment form works. I have followed ALL your instructions exactly. The blog is http://imprentapronto.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance,

James

gravatar
MDs for Tibet
on February 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

I am having a bit of trouble with the Post Comment appearing on pages where Comments have been disabled. The Post Comment appears on all pages like this:
http://mdsfortibet.blogspot.com/2009/02/md_22.html

The only page on which it doesn't appear, for some reason, is the top page:
http://mdsfortibet.blogspot.com/

Any idea how I can fix this?

gravatar
tikno
on March 2, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

dear muhamed rias...
i have already a form comment...but the problem is i must click on [comment], if i want to see the comment not automatically when i open the blog. Can you help me Pleaze.....
my blog...
http://www.menitiilmu80.blogspot.com
e-mail: tikno.anakbungsu80@gmail.com

best regard
tikno

gravatar
Anonymous
on March 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

I can't fin the code to replace on my blog to enable comment option. Can someone help and send a corrected template? Thanks
http://myplaylist-themusic.blogspot.com/
matt.myplaylist@gmail.com

gravatar
Praveen
on March 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

It has been a good try for me. My comment form was placed twice in my blog. So i went editing my template and finally got it.
http://www.praveenweb.blogspot.com

gravatar
Belajar Blog
on March 14, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Dear muhammed rais.
thank for the tips. it's very useful. Now i have form comment below my post.

best regard.

http://belajarblog80.blogspot.com

gravatar
Lorenzo
on March 28, 2009 at 3:41 AM  

Hi there
I've messed with my template a little and now although I have show comments button on in settings there's no clickable link below my post. Where can I look to get it back?
For now I've made a seperate comments page. Any help would be great
thanks
Lorenzo
lorenzosma.blogspot.com

gravatar
serverperformance
on April 6, 2009 at 1:28 AM  

Nice!

gravatar
Milano
on April 6, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

great!

gravatar
Miaoness
on April 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

I have my comment enabled under "embed under post" but it still doesnt appear, but the comment box isn't appearing. Even my friend cant leave a msg for me. could u pls take a look

http://mewness.blogspot.com

gravatar
Yesyesyes yow
on April 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

i used to try this thingy to my new webBlog, posting a comment below my blog post.. but it seem not working in my blog. i try the update one, but it also not working.. here is my blog

http://cebufestivals.blogspot.com/

can u help me this thing?? thanks..jayr

gravatar
Usuario
on April 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

muy interesante grancias...

gravatar
top the pop
on May 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

how can i show avatar on the comment post..like urs.??email me plzzzz

gravatar
top the pop
on May 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

iamolder90@gmail.com

gravatar
Unknown
on May 18, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

http://alisoft7.blogspot.com
i m unable to find the exact code step 2
< p clas s='com ment-footer '> i found, but it's having same line two times in the code. what should i do?

gravatar
Unknown
on May 18, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

i changed successfully plz look the position of box
http://alisoft7.blogspot.com
help me, what should i do now

gravatar
Unknown
on May 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

if i sent u my blogger code, plz change urself and send me back...is it possible
send me ur email id
aliqayyum786@gmail.com
i tried plenties of time
thanks
waiting

gravatar
MrHungLe
on May 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Help me! This hack not work on my blog???
http://ebook-hot.blogspot.com
Visit and help me fix it

Post a Comment

Custom Search
Web Analytics