Aug 9, 2008 in

Show only specific Number of posts in Labels Page - Blogger Hack

One of my Reader asked me in Comment Form " How to Show Specific Number of Posts in Labels Page ? " . So I am writing this Post on his request. This Hack ( Show Specific Number of Posts In Labels Page ) is very useful for Page Navigation Hack . Users who use my Page Navigation hack might have came across an error , that is When They visit Labels Page , Blogger will display all posts under that particular label although you might have mentioned in the page Navigation Widget to show only 2 , 3 or any number you specified there.


So here is an easy Hack to display only specific number of posts per page while visiting Labels. Just follow the simple steps below to implement this hack on your blogger blog.


Show Only Specific Number of Posts in Blogger Labels Pages


Step 1 :

Users Who Have installed Labels Widget in their Blog , Please Navigate to EDIT HTML PAGE . Then put a check to Expand Widgets Box on Right Side.

Now search for this Code :

<b:widget id='Label1' locked='false' title='Labels' type='Label'>

only the Widget Id can be different , other things will be same. Now search for this code within the widget

<a expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' expr:href='data:label.url'>
<data:label.name/>
</a>
</b:if>
<span dir='ltr'>(<data:label.count/>)</span>


Now replace the above code with this code .


<a expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' expr:href='data:label.url + &quot;?max-results=2&quot;'>
<data:label.name/>
<span dir='ltr'>(<data:label.count/>)</span>
</a>
</b:if>






The digit in red represents number of posts to be Shown in Single Labels Page.
Change the digit ( number ) in red to your wish .

You Can put same number you entered in Page Navigation Hack



That's it We have successfully added " Show Specific Number of Posts in Labels Page " . here after your Blog Will Show only specific number of posts in Labels Page. I hope This Hack will be useful for you all. If you have any doubts or difficulties in implementing this Hack please let me Know. I will clarify them in comment form or If neccessary I will write a New post like this.

thanks for reading.......

Check Out This Popular Posts

22 Responses So far
gravatar
xphunt3r
on August 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

Salam Alaikum!
I really enjoyed with this post and exactly looking for this very before. Finally got it and hack my blogger. And just waiting for Page Navigation as yours.
Check my blog
Xphunt3r
Allah Hafiz

gravatar
Edu
on August 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

Hello, you might convert this wordpress theme to blogger:

http://www.wpthemesfree.com/test.php?theme_id=2247

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on August 14, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Hi Technodrop ,

I will convert that wordpress theme to blogger very soon ( probably within Sunday ).

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Edu
on August 14, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

I have another suggestion for you, see this theme, with all certainty will be very successful among bloggers if converted to blogger, see the excellent positioning of the ads units:

http://test.wpthemesfree.com/?preview_theme=acosminmag

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on August 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Hi Tecnodrop !

I asked permission from the author to convert his wordpress themes to Blogger. if he give me permission then sure I will convert all those inspiring wordpress themes to Blogger XML templates.

regards ,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
xphunt3r
on August 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

@technodrop,

I have another suggestion for you, see this theme, with all certainty will be very successful among bloggers if converted to blogger, see the excellent positioning of the ads units:

http://test.wpthemesfree.com/?preview_theme=acosminmag

*******************************************************************************

What you think about this blogget template on my blog similar to yours request

http://techno-snack.blogspot.com
**********************************************

gravatar
Edu
on August 16, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

I have used this in my blog, but he had a problem with a hack that installed, nor had good yields with adsense

gravatar
शैलेश भारतवासी
on August 25, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

hi,
Mohamed Rias !

If want to show limited no. of lables on sidebar, then what will be hack..? I dont want to use link-list method to shwo limited no. of lables, beacuse my blog is in Hindi (with Unicode encoding), when I put a lable in Hindi, which links can no be addable.. it will be garbaged

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on August 25, 2008 at 5:16 AM  

Hi शैलेश भारतवासी ,

I will write a post on this topic soon.

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Anonymous
on September 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

Hi Mohamed,

Sorry If I have missed it, but How can we Show only Specific number of Comments per page in blogger?

It annoys me when the comments section gets very long and page stretches very deep.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Teni

gravatar
Unknown
on September 14, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
gravatar
Unknown
on September 14, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Very nice thanks

and i have question how u do post a comment open in same windows under ur post in blogger thanks my URL is
http://humorgate.blogspot.com/

thanks in advance

Nermien Barakat

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 15, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Hi About All Things ,

Welcome to Blogger Accessories. I explained how to Embed Comment form below each post in Blogger in this post http://rias-techno-wizard.blogspot.com/2008/07/embed-comment-form-below-post-in.html . please visit that post.

If you have any doubt please mail me mohamedrias1103@gmail.com

regards
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
vamshi
on November 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

hi ....i want to display my post in 10 pages...so i want to know how to display page numbers for single post.

gravatar
Unknown
on December 8, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

wow good man
http://bollywood-insider.blogspot.com

gravatar
$H@n
on December 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

thanks dude....after reading your article my problem is solved.

gravatar
Barrio Porteño
on January 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Hi Mohamed,

Is there a way to implement this hack on the old blogger template? It's very annoying to see a label's page with the number of posts set on the main page... In my case I need the label's page show more posts than the main page...

Thanks in advance

gravatar
Ammy
on March 1, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

hi mohamed see my beautiful template with hell lot of improvement which i did by myself..but one problem my template automatically display labels in top nvigation .. i am bit worried when i will have lots of label how will it behave is there any hack for this see
www.b4blogging.blogspot.com

gravatar
Ranjinap
on March 14, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

I searched lot,Finally find this. I personally convey my thanks to Rias.This is very critical hack but show simple.

gravatar
Unknown
on March 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

i did not find the above script in my template , so please give me any other idea for this hack its very urgent please

gravatar
Ajinkya kambe
on May 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

hiiiiiii dude good information

see my site it worked

www.mobmani.blogspot.com

gravatar
Sujith Bhakthan
on June 8, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

How to show specific number of "Comments" in a post.

for eg: one of my post has 100 more comments. i sont wanna show the whole comments in that page as it looks a long page. is there any way to show a few newer comments only in that page like this while keeping the old comments.?

Post a Comment

Custom Search
Web Analytics