Sep 15, 2008 in

Submit Blogger Blog Sitemap To Google Webmasters

Today I am going to tell how to add blogger blog to Google. Everyone ask Why we must submit our blog to Google , Since Google automatically indexes our Blog. But by submitting our blog sitemap to Google we can make Google to index our Blog frequently. One more question everyone ask is

"Why should we submit our Blog sitemap to Search Engines ? "

Sitemaps allows a webmaster to inform search engines about URLs on a website that are available for crawling. A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It allows webmasters to include additional information about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site. This allows search engines to crawl the site more intelligently.

So in this Post I am going to tell how to Submit our Blog url and Blog Sitemap to Google. Just follow these step by step instructions:


Step 1 : Submitting Blog url to Google.


To submit our Blog Url to Google visit this page(http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl). There you will find a form like this ,


 Submit Blogger/Blogspot blog to Google Sitemaps

Fill the form and click submit.

So we have successfully added our Blog to Google. but it's just not enough. We need to submit our Blog Sitemap to Google.

Step 2 : Now we need to add our Blogger Blog sitemap to Google Webmasters.

Why we need to submit our Blog to Google Webmasters ?

Google Webmaster provide us some useful tools which helps us to know lots of things about our site. I will explain only top 2 tools :

* Google Crawling info

- when Google Indexed our Blog.

- Broken or Invalid Urls which Google unable to crawl

* Top search queries


 Other Important Features of Google Webmasters


- with this tool we can find the top queries that drive traffic to your site and where your site is included in the top search results. This will let you learn how users are finding your site.

I hope with the small introduction you might have learned the importance of Google Webmaster. So let us see how to Add our Blog there.


We can do this in two methods. First I will tell how to do it manually

Login to Google Webmaster with your Google Account .

It will take you to Dashboard page. There you can see a box saying " Click here to add your site" . In that box type your full blog url with http:// and click add site.


You know With Draft Blogger we can automatically submit our blog to Google Webmasters




 Submit Blogger Blog to Google webmasters through Darft Blogger


So draft blogger will automatically add our blog url to Google Webmasters.

step 3 :

After adding your site url , navigate to dashboard again. One the right side of your site , you will find two links ( ADD and Verify ).

Now click " Verify " , it will take you to new page saying


 Copy and paste the meta tag in your blogger template

In this select " Add Meta Tag " and copy and paste the code in your Blogger template. Then save your Blogger template and click verify.

step 4 : Adding Blog Sitemap to Google Webmasters

Now navigate to Dashboard again , there click add sitemap link . It will take you to a new page , There click " Add a sitemap" . Then select " Add General Web Sitemap" . and do as instructed.




that's it. So we have successfully added our Blog sitemaps to Google.

Now we can see indexed stats of our Blog sitemap .


After submitting the sitemap , you will see indexed stats like these


 This is How the indexed stats of our sitemap will shown



If you have any trouble let me know , I will try my best to help you guys.

Check Out This Popular Posts

37 Responses So far
gravatar
Subagya
on September 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

YUps.. it is that im looking for ... thanks a lot rias

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Salam Alaikum Subagya ,

How are you ? How is Ramzan going on there ?

regards ,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Kourosh
on September 15, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Hi Mohamad,
Very useful article.
I have 2 problems and appreciate if you coild help me:
1- All my labels could not be indexed because robot.txt has prevented.
2- among 5 feeds(including comments feed) only 2 were accepted as sitemap.
atom.xml feeds/posts/default and feeds/posts/default/?alt=rss were not.
I am wondering what is the problem.
Best regards

gravatar
iPod Touch
on September 16, 2008 at 3:55 AM  

Assalamu Alaikum Mohamed Rias,

Can you please make an XML template of the current layout you're using on Blogger Accessories?

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 16, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

hi Yersy ,

Yes I will upload my current template within this week.

regards ,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 16, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

Hi Kourosh ,

Welcome to Blogger Accessories.Google won't crawl our Labels and we can't add our comments feed there.

But in total we can submit four sitemaps ,

1. atom.xml

2. rss.xml

3. feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

4. feeds/posts/default

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii150/mohamedrias/sitemap.jpg

If you have any problem , then ask here

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
Kourosh
on September 17, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Hi Mohamad,
I did not know that Google will not index our labels. It is funny to consider the fact that I have included so many blogger labels in Blogger Resources CSE. A few of your labels too. pleaee check this address:
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=008067619439350754017:bwejyxnplj0
Thank you so much and see you again,
good luck

gravatar
jk
on September 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Nice article. However, I would like to know that how can we (Blogger)create and submit site map instead of using RSS feed. RSS feed is OK, but have limitations, only allows new contents for indexing.

gravatar
DanielPK
on September 19, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

Hey Mohamed, i tried to follow the steps you provided but all my feeds end up with this error:

"Invalid XML: too many tags
Too many tags describing this tag. Please fix it and resubmit"

What should i do?!

gravatar
iPod Touch
on September 20, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Assalamu Alaikum Mohamed,

I tried adding my comments feed and Google Sitemaps accepted it!!

gravatar
Anonymous
on September 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

So is it true that your current Blogger theme is being released on Sunday?

gravatar
Mohamed Rias
on September 20, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Hi HellFear7 ,

Yes I will upload my current theme today evening.

regards,
Blogger Accessories

gravatar
iPod Touch
on September 20, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Mohamed, you said that Google Sitemaps won't accept your comments feed. But I submitted mine to Google and they accepted it. Why?

gravatar
Harsh Agrawal
on September 21, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Trust me dude.....this sis one of the most informative post i have come across..!!!
i always tried to add this but could not succeed
but coz of you i did it..!!!
well im plannin to write similar article in my blog....dnt worry i will give the original credit to you...:)

http://virgintech.blogspot.com

gravatar
jk
on September 24, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Nice article. I tested this for my blog but it shows error message. After many test and search I found a best method which is as follows (assuming that you are using Feedburner feed on your blog): http://xxx.blogspot.com/atom.xml?redirect=false - where xxx is your blog url.
Thanks - www.jkwebtalks.com

gravatar
Anonymous
on September 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

It is passed Sunday and I don't see your Blogger template. Will it be up any time soon? Sorry, I know you must be busy with college. Maybe you can post a date where you will definitely release it?

gravatar
Is
on September 27, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Rias, I've ported a premium WordPress Fresh News Theme and would you to help me in coding for the older posts underneath the main blog post which is "Blog Post 1". Take a look at http://testblog2-my.blogspot.com/
Hope to hear from you soon, anyway, your blog is very informative :)
(email: onlinebusinessmy[at]gmail.com

Regards
Ismail

gravatar
Anshul
on October 1, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Thx mohamed for this.It worked perfectly for my one blog.

But my second blog http://earnwithbloggers.blogspot.com

is not been accepted.I submitted all four sitemaps but google is always returning an error
chk this http://anshuldudeja55.googlepages.com/errors.jpg

Please help me if you can overcome this.
My blog posts are not being indexed properly.

And plz check site:earnwithbloggers.blogspot.com

My keywords below the indexed posts title are also not being taken by google.

please help me.i will be greatful to you.
you can contact me at anshuldudeja[at]gmail.com

gravatar
Mohamed Lamine A.
on November 9, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

very good post and very good blog 5/5 for you mohamed. I ll contact u by email bcs I need your assistance.

Many many thanks. salam

gravatar
Imran Khan
on November 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

thnx a lot can you pls tell me more briefly

gravatar
Krishna
on November 13, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

Hi Rias , your explaination is so simple to implement but im unlucky with some errors.
My errors are same what ever Anshul is facing.
His error screen shot is here
http://anshuldudeja55.googlepages.com/errors.jpg
So please guide us to index our site.
Contact : http://krishnababug.blogspot.com/2008/09/contact.html

gravatar
Fuadi Daud
on November 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

hi dude, why my status is pending? give me solution as soon as possible...

gravatar
Ragy ISK
on December 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

gave me an error says url not allowed
my blog is http://kraikkonenchamp.blogspot.com
but he took urls http://feedproxy..... ??!!

gravatar
graphics boy
on December 15, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

thanks so much man

gravatar
Anonymous
on January 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

none of these worked for me on my site: http://www.onemillionbucks.net/ I either got: URL not allowed or Invalid XML attribute ??? I use blogger. However JK's #15 came back "OK"

gravatar
bollywood girls
on January 13, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

i like your blog ....

gravatar
Pankaj Singla
on January 14, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

i have a custom domain http://www.etaxindia.org. I have submitted sitemap as atom.xml and rss.xml. but it shows error on both feeds. plz help what to do now thanks

gravatar
seo karachi
on January 24, 2009 at 3:47 AM  

salam
yaar muhjy "sitemap" mea aik problum arhai hai
mea "add a sitemap" pr clik kr rha ho tu muhjy "add general web sitemap" ka opption view nhai ho rha hai kia problum ho sakti hai
plz' ANS' me

gravatar
Anonymous
on January 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Thanks for the advice but here I must tell you all one interesting thing to do to make your site listed in G faster than adding url.

Tips: Do not add your url to google in spite of that try to collect some back link from high PR site. See the result. Your site may be listed within minutes. Don't you believe me. One of my site was listed in search engine within 49 minutes of the creation.

gravatar
Dr. Zergui zakaria
on January 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

hi,

i cannot add my tag in my tamplate. because i cannot find the *head* ,

thanks

gravatar
Ammy
on March 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
gravatar
Ammy
on March 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

You missed out a point or two the correct way of doing this is explained in my blog
www.b4blogging.blogspot.com
http://b4blogging.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-submit-blogger-sitemap-to-google.html

gravatar
Kelvin
on May 4, 2009 at 5:23 AM  

how many sitemaps can we submit? i submit everyday but they only accept the 26 latest posts, why?
And my sitemaps is always not index.
http://funnyandweirdpics.blogspot.com/

gravatar
David Bergeron
on May 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for posting. I have one question, doesn't all the feeds you posted have the same content so you really only have to submit one of them as a sitemap?

David Bergeron
www.poker006.com

gravatar
Anonymous
on May 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Proud to see a fellow Muslim blogger doing well in blogging. Keep it up! :)

gravatar
Unknown
on May 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

salam
how are you very nice post , but i have problem regarding submitted on the webmaster
URL not allowed
This url is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location.

how should i move on the higher level
i already posted
1. atom.xml

2. rss.xml

3. feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

4. feeds/posts/default

like this?
but having the error
plz help me
thanks

gravatar
Mohammad Mustafa Ahmedzai
on May 28, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

Salam Rias,

bro thks a lot for sharing such a wonderful information. I had added just rss.xml as my sitemap but I didn't know that we could add three more.
Rias The only problem which I guess is major is that googgle analytics is howing me that I have submitted just one link! whereas I can see in the image that it is showing 26 for yours. Kindly guide me how can I sort out the problem. I have wriiten more than 36 posts , how come I have just one link submitted?


Regards,
MOHD___
Tips and Tricks : TNT by STC

Post a Comment

Custom Search
Web Analytics